Values Are What We Aspire TowardsSo long as we’re still on earth, we have plenty more time to prove them to ourselves. Values are our guiding principles and how we know when we’re living in our integrity. When we know our values, nothing can come between them. We will use our values for judgment, discernment, and decision-making. To distinguish and organize; what are virtues?
The Six Broadest Virtue Categories by Martin Seligman:
- Transcendence – appreciation of art and interconnectedness of life.
- Knowledge – your perspective on life and love of learning.
- Moderation – thoughts of modesty and control.
- Humanity – appreciation of others and the world.
- Justice – your sense of fairness.
- Courage – persistence and bravery in situations.
What are values?
- Knowing our worth and respecting ourselves and others.
- Being courageous, kind, compassionate or honest.
- Helping others and creating a positive environment.
- What gives my life purpose and meaning?
- What will I not accept less than or what is non-negotiable?